L'Énigme des Invalides

Nous sommes actuellement le 28 Mars 2024 21:51

Le fuseau horaire est UTC+2 heures

Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 16 message(s) ]  Aller vers la page 1, 2  Suivant
Auteur Message
Message Publié : 28 Avr 2006 11:25 
Hors-ligne
Rédacteur
Rédacteur

Message(s) : 15598
Texte manuscrit attribué à Millington

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

on Sunday the sixth of may 1821 I was sent for while attending divine service to make a tin coffin for general Bonaparte on monday the seventh I was ordered to attend at longwood house for the pirpose of soldering of the body of general Bonaparte in the tin coffin at which was performed in the following manner in the presence of generals Bertrand and Montholon Madam Bertrand the french chaplain the french surgeon Mr A. Darling Dr Rushop h.m 20th regiment of foot several of the french domestics and S Lee private in the 20 regiment the body of the late general napoleon Bonaparte in full dress was deposited in a tin coffin lined with white silk and cotton his socked hat was laid across his thighs and on his left breast of his coat was a gold star and cross and several other medals of the same metal several pieces of Slain of various sizes and different value were also put into the coffin his heart was deposited in a silver urn filled with spirits to which I soldered a lid or cover of the same material which was placed between the small parts of of his legs his stomach was deposited in a silver mug in which there was spirits which was also put into the coffin a silver plate knife fork and spoon and a silver cup were also deposited in this coffin Subsequent to placing the body of the general in the coffin the tin lid of the coffin being lined with silk and stuffed with cotton was put in its place and I soldered it in the coffin enclosing the late general Napoleon Bonaparte and all the above mentioned articles this tin coffin with its contents was then enclosed in a mahogany coffin and they were enclosed in a lead coffin which made in all three coffins.

Abraham Milington
Sergeant St Helena Artillery

Great fire in Boston Jan 28 1831 (1839 (?)

Great earthquake at Martinique 1839

********************************************************************************************

Texte du Worcestershire

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Sunday, the 6th of May 1821, I was sent for, while attending divine service, to make a tin coffin for General Napoleon Bonaparte. On Monday, the 7th, I was ordered to attend at Longwood House, for the purpose of soldering up the body of General Buonaparte in the tin coffin, which was performed in the following manner, in presence of Generals Bertrand and Montholon, Madame Bertrand, the French chaplain, the French surgeon, Mr. A. Darling, Dr. Rushop [1], of his Majesty’s 20th Regiment of Foot, several of the French domestics, and Samuel Ley, private of the 20th Regiment. The body of the late General Napoleon Bonaparte, in full dress [2], was deposited in a tin coffin, which was lined with white silk and cotton: his cocked hat was laid across his thighs, and on the left breast of his coat was a gold star and cross, and several other medals of the same metal; several pieces of coin of various sizes and different values, were also put into the coffin. His heart was deposited in a silver urn or tureen, filled with spirits, to which I soldered a lid or cover of the same material, which was placed between the small part of his legs [3]. His stomach was deposited in a silver mug, in which there were spirits, which also was put in the coffin. A siver [4] plate, knife, fork and spoon, and a silver service cup, were also deposited in the coffin. Previously to placing the body of the General in the coffin, the tin lid of the coffin being lined with white silk, and stuffed with cotton, it was put in its place, and I soldered it on the coffin, enclosing the late General Napoleon Bonaparte, with all the above-mentioned articles. This tin coffin, with its contents, were then enclosed in a mahogany coffin, and they were then enclosed in a lead coffin, and all were afterwards enclosed in a mahogany coffin, which made in all four coffins.

Comparaison entre le texte manuscrit de "Milington" et le texte donné dans the naval military gazette, repris dans le Worcestershire Chronicle:

on Sunday the sixth of may 1821 I was sent for while attending divine service to make a tin coffin for general Napoleon Bonaparte

On Sunday, the 6th of May 1821, I was sent for, while attending divine service, to make a tin coffin for General Napoleon Bonaparte.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
on monday the seventh I was ordered to attend at longwood house for the pirpose of soldering of the body of general Bonaparte in the tin coffin at which was performed in the following manner in the presence of generals Bertrand and Montholon Madam Bertrand the french chaplain the french surgeon Mr A. Darling Dr Rushop h.m 20th regiment of foot several of the french domestics and S Ley private in the 20 regiment

On Monday, the 7th, I was ordered to attend at Longwood House, for the purpose of soldering up the body of General Buonaparte in the tin coffin, which was performed in the following manner, in presence of Generals Bertrand and Montholon, Madame Bertrand, the French chaplain, the French surgeon, Mr. A. Darling, Dr. Rushop [1], of his Majesty’s 20th Regiment of Foot, several of the French domestics, and Samuel Ley, private of the 20th Regiment.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the body of the late general napoleon Bonaparte in full dress was deposited in a tin coffin lined with white silk and cotton his cocked hat was laid across his thighs and on his left breast of his coat was a gold star and cross and several other medals of the same metal several pieces of Slain of various sizes and different value were also put into the coffin

The body of the late General Napoleon Bonaparte, in full dress [2], was deposited in a tin coffin, which was lined with white silk and cotton: his cocked hat was laid across his thighs, and on the left breast of his coat was a gold star and cross, and several other medals of the same metal; several pieces of coin of various sizes and different values, were also put into the coffin.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

his heart was deposited in a silver urn filled with spirits to which I soldered a lid "or cover" of the same material which was placed between the small parts of of his legs

His heart was deposited in a silver urn or tureen, filled with spirits, to which I soldered a lid or cover of the same material, which was placed between the small part of his legs [3].

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
his stomach was deposited in a silver mug in which there was spirits which was also put into the coffin

His stomach was deposited in a silver mug, in which there were spirits, which also was put in the coffin.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
a "silver" plate knife fork and spoon and a silver cup were also deposited in this coffin Subsequent to placing the body of the general in the coffin the tin lid of the coffin being lined with silk and stuffed with cotton was put in its place and I soldered it in the coffin enclosing the late general Napoleon Bonaparte and all the above mentioned articles

A siver [4] plate, knife, fork and spoon, and a silver service cup, were also deposited in the coffin. Previously to placing the body of the General in the coffin, the tin lid of the coffin being lined with white silk, and stuffed with cotton, it was put in its place, and I soldered it on the coffin, enclosing the late General Napoleon Bonaparte, with all the above-mentioned articles.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
this tin coffin with its contents was then enclosed in a mahogany coffin and they were enclosed in a lead coffin which made in all three coffins.

This tin coffin, with its contents, were then enclosed in a mahogany coffin, and they were then enclosed in a lead coffin, and all were afterwards enclosed in a mahogany coffin, which made in all four coffins. *************************************************************************************

Et maintenant, Mesdames, Messieurs, j'attends vos commentaires...

Dernière édition par Bruno Roy-Henry le 19 Août 2007 9:52, édité 4 fois.

Sujet du message :
Message Publié : 28 Avr 2006 11:26 
Hors-ligne
Rédacteur
Rédacteur

Dernière édition par Bruno Roy-Henry le 21 Août 2006 10:47, édité 1 fois.

Sujet du message :
Message Publié : 28 Avr 2006 11:28 
Hors-ligne
Rédacteur
Rédacteur

Que constate-t-on ? Que le témoignage de Millington a été altéré, pour ne pas dire truqué.

Deux ans avant l'exhumation de 1840, "on" a éprouvé le besoin de faire paraître un témoignage indiquant ce qu'il conviendrait de voir à Sainte-Hélène le 15 octobre 1840 ! Et pour cela, on n'a pas hésité à rajouter une phrase entière au texte manuscrit de Millington.

C'est la raison pour laquelle, ce témoignage a été expurgé des archives du Ceylon Chronicle à la British Library...

Les Français comprendront-ils cette fois ?

Ps: Peut-être que le dénouement de cette affaire incitera-t-il ceux qui nous avaient quitté à cause d'elle (soupçonnant que je l'aurais volontairement dissimulée) à revenir vers nous ?

Sujet du message :
Message Publié : 01 Mai 2006 21:58 
On peut toujours l'espérer, Bruno, mais vous connaissez comme moi l'orgueil des gens et des Français en particulier... :bah:

Sujet du message :
Message Publié : 21 Août 2006 10:48 
Hors-ligne
Rédacteur
Rédacteur

Sans compter celui de certains Belges... :diablotin:

Sujet du message :
Message Publié : 21 Août 2006 13:29 
Il va de soi que ce péché capital est pour le moins répandu dans l'espèce humaine... :bah:

Sujet du message :
Message Publié : 12 Jan 2007 21:12 
Hors-ligne
Rédacteur
Rédacteur

Et il y en aura toujours pour exiger un PV en bonne et due forme reconnaissant expressément qu'on a bien là la caricature de Cipriani et non celle de Gourgaud...

Les latins ont toujours préféré leurs petites vérités à la Vérité tout court ! :bah:

Sujet du message :
Message Publié : 12 Jan 2007 21:26 
"A chacun sa vérité", dixit Luigi Pirandello. :4:

Sujet du message :
Message Publié : 12 Jan 2007 21:30 
Hors-ligne
Rédacteur
Rédacteur

Oui, mais malheureusement, il n'y en a qu'une... :diablotin:

Sujet du message :
Message Publié : 13 Jan 2007 1:08 
Le problème, c'est que beaucoup prétendent la détenir... :bah:

Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 16 message(s) ]  Aller vers la page 1, 2  Suivant

Le fuseau horaire est UTC+2 heures