Le fuseau horaire est UTC+2 heures

Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 1 message ] 
Auteur Message
Message Publié : 04 Oct 2008 22:10 
Hors-ligne
Technicien
Technicien

Message(s) : 56
On the forum: "Salon Napoléon 1er" Bruno asked me about Peter Hofschroer. I let there also some comments in French for Bruno.

Peter Hofschroer contributed once to our BBC "messageboard history" and aswered questions among others also to me. From the reactions by other British (Irish? If I remember it well Wellesley was Irish) contributors I heard (I am Belgian) that his study was controversial and considered by some as "supposed conspiracies" He was also accused if I recall it well of defamation by the Wellesley family. Nevertheless I see that his controversial book is still in print.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wellingtons-Sma ... 0571217699

Read also the comments especially the "negative critique" debunking the theory of the Prussian Army as "supposed conspiracies". I read also some "extracts" of his book by Peter Hofschroer if memory serves me on the BBC messageboard and they sounded very accurate to my unexperienced mind. I think it was this that obliged him to go ftom the boards while some contributors (I think anti-Hofschroer) had complained to the BBC about "publicity". I am not sure I can find it back in the BBC messageboards archive because they were renewed in 2005 to the "dna" type and all the former contributions were lost. Lucky that I had mine saved on my computer.

Albertuk, if you want to read my comments to Bruno on the "Salon Napoléon 1er" and if you know more please let us know, both here or on the French language forum.

Warm regards,

Paul.

Publier un nouveau sujet Répondre au sujet  [ 1 message ] 

Le fuseau horaire est UTC+2 heures